Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #164, Copying Custom Report Groups
Tip #164: Copying Custom Report Groups in Empower
In this week’s tip, we will learn about copying custom report groups between projects. Once we create a custom report group, we may want to use it in another project, or possibly have it present in all projects.
Let’s get started.
CASE 1 | Copying a Report Group from One Project to Another
Open ‘Report Publisher’ in the project with the custom report group and then open ‘Report Publisher’ of the project you want to copy it to. Size the windows so that they are side by side (figure 1).
Drag and drop the ‘custom report group’ from the original project to the destination project (figure 2).
CASE 2 | Copying a Report Group to All Projects
Open Report Publisher of the project with the ‘custom report group’ that you want to copy to all other projects (figure 3).
From the ‘Edit’ menu, select ‘Manage Defaults’ (figure 4).
Click the ‘Default Groups’ tab (figure 5).
On the right side of the screen, under ‘Project Report Groups’, locate and highlight the ‘custom report group’. Click the << icon tool to copy the report group to the ‘Default Report Groups’ (figure 6).
The ‘custom report group’ will now be a default report group in all Empower projects (figure 7).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #165 – Next week we will answer a subscriber question about Empower warnings when an instrument is out of calibration.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on March 18, 2020.
Neil will answer your questions about using Sample Set Methods and Sample Set Method Template in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!