Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #161, Including a Report Method in a Sample Set Method
Tip #161: Including a Report Method in a Sample Set Method
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to include a Report Method in a Sample Set Method. There are many options in terms of generating reports for the Results in a Result Set. We may want a ‘Summary by All’ for our samples, as well as an individual report for a ‘System Suitability’ sample. By incorporating the Report Method into the Sample Set, we can automatically generate the reports required as per our SOPs. This would apply to using the ‘Run and Report’ mode in Run Samples, as well as ‘post run’ when we process the Sample Set.
Let’s get started.
The Method Set has a place holder for a ‘Default Report Method’. If you are collecting a single 2D channel per injection, you could populate this field with a Report Method (figure 1).
If you are collecting multiple channels of data per injection, you can specify a unique Report Method for each channel (figure 2).
In the ‘Sample Set Method’ and ‘Alter Sample Set’, there is a ‘Report’ function (figure 3).
Once the ‘Report’ function is selected, select a Report Method from the drop-down list in the ‘Method Set/Report or Export Method’ field (figure 4). In this example, a ‘System Suitability’ report will be generated and a ‘Summary Report’ for the samples will be generated.
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #162 – Next week we will recap 2019 Empower Tip Topics and answer a few questions.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on March 18, 2020.
Neil will answer your questions about using Sample Set Methods and Sample Set Method Template in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!