Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #159, Using Electronic Sign Off in Report Methods
Tip #159: Using Electronic Sign Off in Report Methods in Empower Software
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to create filters in reports to summarize the information of interest (Tip #158).
In this week’s tip, we will learn about electronic sign off in Report Methods. There is an ongoing trend toward electronic reports and moving away from printed reports. That is driven by the green initiative in many companies and the fact that storing hard copies is cumbersome. Electronic sign off provides many benefits as we will see in this and a subsequent Empower Tips.
Let’s get started.
Your Empower System Administrator has most likely configured the system policies regarding electronic signatures to conform with company SOPs. For example, you can automatically ‘Lock Channels after Sign Off 2’ and/or automatically ‘Save report image (as PDF) after Sign Off’ (figure 1).
In the Report Publisher window, you may want to add the ‘Sign Off Table’ to the Report Method. This displays sign off information, such as ‘who signed off’ and ‘when’ (figure 2).
Right click away from any report groups in the Main Page View and select ‘Method Properties’. Check the box titled, ‘Allow this method to be used in Sign Off’. Click ‘OK’ and save all changes to the Report Method (figure 3).
In Preview, the ‘Sign Off’ tool is greyed out because there are multiple pages. Use the next page tool to review all pages (figure 4).
Once you reach the last page the ‘Sign Off’ tool is available and can be clicked (figure 5).
Enter your ‘Empower username and password’, then select a Sign Off ‘Reason’ from the dropdown. Click ‘Sign Off’ (figure 6).
The Result Sign Off table is now populated (figure 7).
The ‘Sign Offs’ tab in the project is populated as well (figure 8).
It’s that easy!
- You can sign off on individual reports one by one. Using a summary report, you can sign off on multiple results in one go.
- Any modifications to the report method will require you to repeat Step 3.
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #160 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods.
JOIN US at [inform] 2020 | Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!