Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #158, Using Filters in the Report Methods
Tip #158: Using Filters in the Report Methods in Empower Software
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to create an advanced summary report for multiple injections per sample with two channels per injection (Tip #157)
In this week’s tip, we will learn about using filters in the Report Methods. There may be times when you want to report the results for some peaks in the chromatogram or report the results for some samples in the Result Set. Using filters, you can summarize the information of interest.
Let’s get started.
From Tip #157, view the summary table with three peaks. ‘Uracil’ is a void volume marker and so we would like to filter it out of the report (figure 1).
In the Report Publisher window, click on the composite group and from the Edit menu choose ‘Composite Properties’ (figure 2).
On the ‘Order By’ tab, click the ‘Data Filtering Conditions’ button to open the Data Filtering Conditions window (figure 3).
Expand Peaks from the ‘Available Fields’ list, select ‘Name’ by highlighting and Click the ‘>> button’ to add it to the table (figure 4).
Click in the ‘Condition 1’ field and a new dialogue box opens. From the drop-down list select ‘Not Equals’ and in the field to the right type in the name of the Peak. Click ‘OK’ (figure 5).
Note: the peak name must match what was entered in the Component table of the Processing Method and it is case sensitive.
You now have a condition that is ‘Name not equal to Uracil’. Click ‘OK’ (figure 6).
Click ‘OK’ to the Composite Properties and return to the Preview window. The peak named ‘Uracil’ has been filtered out of the summary table (figure 7).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #159 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods.
JOIN US at [inform] 2020 | Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!