Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #157, Creating Advanced Summary Reports
Tip #157: Creating Advanced Summary Reports in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will create an advanced summary report. The sample set has multiple injections per sample and two channels collected per injection. Our goal is to summarize the channels collected while maintaining the statistical summaries.
Let’s get started.
Highlight ‘Results’, right click and select ‘Preview/Publisher’ (figure 1).
Continuing with the summary report we created in Tip #156, the chromatograms for both channels are in a stack plot, and the tables are already separated by channel (figure 2).
The report can be improved by making a composite group out of the chromatogram and the table so we can add sorting. In the report publisher, highlight both groups and select ‘Group’ from the Edit menu (figure 3).
Select ‘Composite Properties’ from the Edit menu (figure 4).
Add ‘Channel’ from the Chromatogram fields to the ‘Order By List’ in ‘Ascending’ order, click ‘OK’ (figure 5).
Optionally, we can add ‘Channel’ to the ‘Legend’ in the chromatogram properties (figure 6).
The report now displays the overlay for the replicate injections of Channel 1 with the corresponding table followed by the same for Channel 2 (figure 7).
Why was the table already split by channel? Since this is a preconfigured component summary group, the primary sort is by ‘Channel’ in ‘Ascending’ order and is grouped by channel (figure 8). How does it work? Every time the value in the channel field changes it makes a new table. The first 3 results are for Channel 1. The fourth result is for Channel 2. Once it sees that change in value it starts a new table.
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #158 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods and learn how to create a slightly more complex summary report.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!