Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #156, Creating Simple Summary Reports
Tip #156: Creating Simple Summary Reports in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to create a simple summary report summarizing replicate injections of a standard. Many SOPs require a %RSD for peak area on replicate injections of standards or controls and a report with an overlay of the chromatograms. There are several preconfigured report groups that make creating the report very straight forward.
Let’s get started.
Highlight ‘Results’, right click and select ‘Preview/Publisher’ (figure 1).
Select ‘Use the currently open Report Method named Untitled’ from the Open Report Method dialogue and click ‘OK’. Right click on the Main Page view, select ‘Method Properties’ and select ‘Summary By All’ and click ‘OK’ (figure 2).
Expand ‘Chromatograms’ in left sidebar and select one of the overlay chromatogram groups (figure 3).
The chromatogram properties can be modified depending on preference. From the ‘Plot’ tab, overly the chromatograms in a single plot or ‘Make Stack Plot’. (Note: I recommend annotating ‘All chromatograms in Overlay’). Modify the legend on the ‘Legend’ tab (figure 4).
Expand ‘Tables’ in left sidebar and select one of the summary tables. In this example, I selected ‘Area Component Summary’ which will provide statistical calculations for the replicate injections (figure 5).
In the properties of the table, go to the ‘Component Summary’ tab. This table is setup to provide mean, standard deviation, and percent relative deviation for area. The displayed precision can be modified as well (figure 6).
Center the groups by highlighting both. In the ‘Layout’ menu, select ‘Align Controls’ > ‘Center’ (figure 7).
Be sure to add a header and footer to the report (Refer to Tip #154), save all changes and click ‘Print Preview’ (figure 8).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #157 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods and learn how to create a slightly more complex summary report.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!