Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #155, Using Summary Reports
Tip #155: Using Summary Reports in Empower Software
Also, in last week’s tip, I asked the following question: How do you modify a header or footer? Here’s the answer: Headers and footers are composite groups. To modify the composite group, it must be ungrouped, modified, and then regrouped. (Refer to Tip #153 for an example of modifying a composite group).
In this week’s tip, we will learn about summary reports. A summary report allows you to summarize multiple results in one report. There are several advantages to using a summary report: overlaying chromatograms from multiple samples, summarizing peak results from multiple samples, and signing off electronically once on multiple results.
Let’s get started.
There are four types of Report Methods which can be created in Empower: individual, summary by all, summary by vial, and summary by injection (figure 1).
For this example, there are three vials, three injections per vial, and two channels of data collected per injection (figure 2).
In Preview, you see three groups are now centered (figure 3). An ‘individual report’ will generate 18 reports, one for each result (figure 3).
A ‘summary by all report’ will generate one report summarizing all 18 individual results (figure 4).
A ‘summary by vial report’ will generate three reports, each report summarizing three injections with two channels per injection (figure 5).
A ‘summary by injection report’ will generate nine reports, each report summarizing two channels per injection (figure 6).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #156 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods and learn how to create a summary report.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!