Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #154, Adding Headers and Footers to a Report Method
Tip #154: Adding Headers and Footers to a Report Method in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to add headers and footers to a report method. Headers and footers are composite groups and are added in the Header/Footer view. Advantages of adding a header or a footer is the ability to paginate the report and add a company logo.
Let’s get started.
Continuing from Tip #153, let’s improve the appearance of the report in the main page view before we add the header & footer. In Report Publisher, click and drag the chromatogram and peak table back under the sample information group (figure 1).
Select all three groups and from the ‘Layout’ menu select ‘Align Controls > Center’ (figure 2).
In Preview, you’ll see the three groups are now centered (figure 3).
In the Report Publisher, Click the ‘Header/Footer View’ tool and note three new tool icons which appear on the far right side of the toolbar (figure 4).
Starting from the left, the first tool icon allows you to switch between the Header field and the Footer field. The middle tool icon gives you the ability to put a unique header/footer on the first page of a multipage report. The final tool icon gives you the ability to put the same header/footer on all pages. You can put a unique header/footer on the first page (perhaps with more detail) and then a simpler header/footer on the remaining pages (figure 5).
Expand the Composite Groups on the left by clicking the ‘+’ symbol, double click ‘General Header’ and select ‘Paste Data Into Header’. Click ‘OK’ (figure 6).
Double click ‘General Footer’, select ‘Paste Data Into Footer’ and Click ‘OK’ (figure 7).
Scroll down on the right side of the window and then click & drag the group to the bottom of the Footer field (figure 8).
In Preview, we see the final report with the header & footer (figure 9).
It’s that easy!
Question: How do you modify a header or a footer? We’ll cover that next week in Tip #155.
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #155 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!