Get Empowered: Using, Modifying, and Creating Report Methods | Tip #151, Modifying the Chromatogram Group
Tip #151: Modifying the Chromatogram Group in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to modify the chromatogram group. While there are many parameters within the chromatogram group that could be modified, there are some basic parameters which may need modification on a routine basis such as changing the scale.
Let’s get started.
Within the Report Publisher window, right click within the chromatogram and select ‘Chromatogram Properties’ (figure 1).
You can label each peak with up to 3 fields. Click the ‘Peak Labels’ tab and select the desired labels from the drop-down lists. You can annotate the chromatogram with peak starts & stops and baselines drawn in under the peaks which illustrates how the peaks were integrated (figure 2).
You can adjust the scaling on the x and y axes. Click the ‘Scaling’ tab to adjust the scaling. The y-axis defaults to autoscaling according to the highest peak in the chromatogram which may not be desirable when doing Impurity methods (figure 3).
Adding a legend to the chromatogram is quite helpful when looking thru a large Result Set. It is also helpful when overlaying chromatograms, something we will explore in a future tip in this series. Click the ‘Legend’ tab and then select from the tree. In this example, I added the ‘Sample Name’ and ‘Injection number’ (figure 4).
Fonts and colors can be modified. For example, if I want the Legend to be more noticeable, you can adjust it accordingly on the Fonts tab (figure 5).
You can create custom report groups. Once a report group has modified, click the ‘Name’ tab, enter a name for the modified group and click ‘Save Group To Project’. In this example, I saved the modified chromatogram report group and it can be found under Chromatograms in the report group tree. The benefit is that this customized group can be added to an existing report method or to a new one (figure 6).
Be sure to go back to the Preview window to view all changes made to the Report Method (figure 7).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #152 – Next week we will continue our series on Report Methods.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on December 18, 2019.
Neil will answer your questions about Peak Purity in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!