Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #97, Custom Fields
Tip #97: Creating Custom Fields in Empower (Part 15)
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to report pressure at a certain time point in the chromatogram (Tip #96).
Creating Custom Fields in Empower:
- #82: The basic steps on creating a Custom Field
- #83: How to create a Custom Sample Set Field
- #84: How to create a Component Custom Field
- #85: How to create a Peak Custom Field
- #86: How to copy a Custom Field from one project to another
- #87: How to modify a Custom Field
- #88: How to create a Result Custom Field
- #89: How to modify a Custom Field that applies to specific samples and/or specific peaks
- #90: How to use Empower to evaluate whether the sample meets specific criteria
- #92: How to create one custom field to determine a sample pass/fail
- #93: How to create an Intersample Custom Field
- #94: How to create Intersample Custom Fields with a summary function
- #95: The difference between Summarize Custom Fields and Summarize Custom Fields Incrementally
- #96: How to report the pressure and temperature at a certain time point within a chromatogram
This week, I want to share a follow-up question I received from last week’s tip (Tip #96):
Q: How can I report the maximum pressure (or other channel, such as temperature) during a chromatographic run?
A: This is important to know because you do not want to exceed the pressure recommendations from the column manufacturer.
In this tip, I will show you how to report the maximum pressure during a chromatographic run (Part 15).
Let’s get started.
Create a Peak Type Custom Field, ‘data type real’. Working with ‘YValue’ as we did in the last tip, simply enter ‘Retention Time’ into the brackets rather than a specific retention time (Figure 1).
Create a Result Type Custom Field, ‘data type real’. Use the MAX function to report maximum pressure (Figure 2).
You’ll notice that I applied the Method Set to an injection and the pressure at various time points is displayed (Figure 3).
In the Results window, view the maximum pressure in the Chromatogram Result table (Figure 4).
It’s that easy!
Final note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #98 – We’ll continue our series on Custom Fields.
- REGISTRATION OPEN for [inform] 2019. Waters Informatics Users’ Conference, May 20-23 in Austin, Texas. Learn More
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!