Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #96, Custom Fields
Tip #96: Creating Custom Fields in Empower (Part 14)
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned the difference between Summarize Custom Fields and Summarize Custom Fields Incrementally (Tip #95).
Creating Custom Fields in Empower:
- #82: The basic steps on creating a Custom Field
- #83: How to create a Custom Sample Set Field
- #84: How to create a Component Custom Field
- #85: How to create a Peak Custom Field
- #86: How to copy a Custom Field from one project to another
- #87: How to modify a Custom Field
- #88: How to create a Result Custom Field
- #89: How to modify a Custom Field that applies to specific samples and/or specific peaks
- #90: How to use Empower to evaluate whether the sample meets specific criteria
- #92: How to create one custom field to determine a sample pass/fail
- #93: How to create an Intersample Custom Field
- #94: How to create Intersample Custom Fields with a summary function
- #95: The difference between Summarize Custom Fields and Summarize Custom Fields Incrementally
Here is another frequently asked question regarding Custom Fields:
Q: How can you report the pressure or temperature at a certain time point within the chromatogram?
A: Assuming you have collected the pressure or temperature channel, it’s quite easy to do.
In this tip, I will show you how to report the pressure and temperature at a certain time point within a chromatogram (Part 14).
Let’s get started.
Create a Peak Type Custom Field, ‘data type real’. There is a field called ‘YValue’ which will report the YValue at a time point within a channel. Once selected, enter the time value (in minutes) and close the square bracket (Figure 1).
Include the ‘channel name’ in the Method Set with a Processing Method so that the channel is processed and the value is determined (Figure 2).
I’ve applied the Method Set to an injection and the value, in this case, ‘pressure’ is displayed (Figure 3).
It’s that easy!
Final note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #97 – We’ll continue our series on Custom Fields.
- Save the Date for [inform] 2019. Waters Informatics Users’ Conference, May 20-23 in Austin, Texas. Learn More
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!