Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #87, Custom Fields
Tip #87: Creating Custom Fields in Empower (Part 6)
Creating Custom Fields in Empower:
- #82: The basic steps on creating a Custom Field
- #83: How to create a Custom Sample Set Field
- #84: How to create a Component Custom Field
- #85: How to create a Peak Custom Field
- #86: How to copy a Custom Field from one project to another
This week, we will learn how to modify a Custom Field (Part 6).
Let’s get started.
From the Custom Fields tab of the project properties, highlight the Custom Field you want to edit (in this case, a Sample Custom Field) and then click Edit (Figure 1).
Make the changes and click OK (Figure 2).
If the Custom Field lives in more than one project, you will see a list of the projects. Highlight the project or projects you want to save the modified Custom Field into and click OK (Figure 3).
A warning message will appear, click OK. The modified Custom Field has been saved.
Now let’s modify a Peak Custom Field, which is a formula. Once again, highlight the Custom Field and click Edit. The formula appears at the bottom of the window. Click Edit Formula (Figure 4).
Make the changes and click Finish (Figure 5).
Click OK (Figure 6).
If the Custom Field lives in more than one project, you will see a list of the projects. Highlight the project or projects you want to save the modified Custom Field into and click OK (Figure 7).
A warning message will appear. Click OK. The modified Custom Field has been saved.
It’s that easy!
Final Notes: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #88 – We’ll continue our series on Custom Fields and learn how to create a Result Custom Field (Part 7).
- OnDemand Webinar: Challenges Using Spreadsheets for Calculating and Documenting Laboratory Results in a Regulated Environment. Learn More
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!