Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #86, Custom Fields
Tip #86: Creating Custom Fields in Empower (Part 5)
Creating Custom Fields in Empower:
- #82: The basic steps on creating a Custom Field
- #83: How to create a Custom Sample Set Field
- #84: How to create a Component Custom Field
- #85: How to create a Peak Custom Field
This week, we will learn how to copy a Custom Field from one Project to another (Part 5).
Let’s get started.
There are two ways to copy a Custom Field from one project to another project.
The first way is when you create a new Custom Field.
On the Name Entry screen in the wizard, click the radio button for Multiple Projects and then click Finish (Figure 1).
The Custom Fields: Select Project(s) dialogue box opens. Select the projects you want to copy the new Custom Field to and then click OK (Figure 2).
A warning message will appear, click OK. The new Custom Field has been copied to multiple projects.
The second way is copying an existing Custom Field into other projects.
From the Custom Fields tab of the project properties, highlight the Custom Field you want to copy and then click Save to Project (Figure 3).
The Custom Fields: Select Project(s) dialogue box opens. Select the projects you want to copy the existing Custom Field to and then click OK (Figure 4).
A warning message will appear, click OK. The existing Custom Field has been copied to multiple projects.
It’s that easy!
Final Notes: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #87 – We’ll continue our series on Custom Fields and learn how to modify Custom Fields (Part 6)
- Upcoming Webinar: Challenges Using Spreadsheets for Calculating and Documenting Laboratory Results in a Regulated Environment. Learn More/Register
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!