Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #67, Method Sets
Tip #67: Working with Method Sets in Empower (Part 2)
This week we will learn how to save extracted channels after 3D data processing.
The advantage of working with a photodiode array (PDA) detector or an ACQUITY QDa Detector is that you can collect data over either a wavelength range or a mass range. Post-run, you can then decide which 2D channels of data you want to extract and process. There are times when it is easier to work with the 2D data and we can have Empower save the extracted 2D channels for just such a purpose.
Let me show you how it is done.
We begin by right-clicking on a Sample Set and selecting View As, Channels. Note that all 20 channels are 3D PDA channels (Figure 1).
Take the Sample Set into Review, open, and apply the Method Set. In this case we have extracted 280 nm (Figure 2).
Go to the Method Set window and check the box that says Save PDA Extracted Channels (Figure 3).
Save the change to the Method Set, close Review, and process the Sample Set. (Figure 4).
Right-click on the Sample Set, and select View As, Channels (Figure 5).
We now have both the original 3D data and the 2D data for the extracted wavelength and could then work with either the 3D or 2D data (Figure 6).
It’s that easy!
- When working with data from the ACQUITY QDa Detector, you will have a similar choice in the Method Set, Save MS Extracted Channels.
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #68 – Working with the System Suitability Option (Part 1)
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning
- It’s not too late to register for [inform] 2018, our annual Informatics Users’ Conference, May 14-17, 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark – Come to meet Neil!
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, Enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Marketplace
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions. Join the Informatics Community Forum
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!