Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #60, Deriving Channels
Tip #60: Deriving Channels in Empower (Part 13)
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In our last tip-of-the-week blog for Empower Software, we reviewed Deriving Channels when working with 3D MS chromatography data in Empower.
- Tip 47: Smooth a chromatogram by Deriving a Channel (part 1)
- Tip 48: Correct for the time offset between detectors connected in series by Deriving a Channel (part 2)
- Tip 49: Subtract a baseline from a 2D chromatogram by Deriving a Channel (part 3).
- Tip 51: Subtract a 2D baseline from 3D PDA data by Deriving a Channel (part 4).
- Tip 52: Derive MaxPlot from 3D PDA data (part 5)
- Tip 53: Derive TotalPlot from 3D PDA data (part 6)
- Tip 54: Derive RatioPlot from 3D PDA data (part 7)
- Tip 55: Derive Timed Wavelength from 3D PDS data (part 8)
- Tip 56: Derive Single Mass from 3D MS data (part 9)
- Tip 57: Derive TIC plot from 3D MS data (part 10)
- Tip 58: Improve noisy TIC plot Derived from 3D MS data (part 11)
- Tip 59: Derive MaxPlot from 3D MS data (part 12)
In this tip, we will discuss another option for Deriving Channels in Empower when working with 3D MS data, called Total Plot.
You may recall that we learned about Total Plot for 3D PDA data in Tip 53. Today we are going to learn about Total Plot for 3D MS data. Total Plot is a 2D chromatogram that plots the sum of all ion intensities acquired across a specified mass range at every time point. It is a subset of the TIC plot, which we covered in Tip 57.
Let me show you how it is done.
We begin by bringing a channel of 3D MS data into Review (Figure 1).
Go to the Method Set window and Derive a Channel, selecting MS:Total Plot (Figure 2).
Enter the Start Mass and End Mass and select the MS Scan (3D channel) from the Function drop-down list (Figure 3).
Save the Derived Channel and select a Processing Method (Figure 5).
Return to the Main Window, apply the Method Set and the Total Plot chromatogram is displayed (Figure 6).
It’s that easy!
Final note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #61: Deriving Channels in Empower (part 14).
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning
- Register Now for [inform] 2018, our annual Informatics Users’ Conference, May 14-17, 2018, Copenhagen, Denmark. Meet Neil!
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, Enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Marketplace
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!