Get Empowered: Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data | Tip #140, Restore a Project
Tip #140: Restoring a Project in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to restore a project. There is only one way to restore a project. This is done in Configuration Manager using the Restore Project wizard. It is very straight forward.
Let’s get started.
In the Configuration Manager window, right click on the project table and select ‘Restore Project(s)’ (figure 1).
The wizard launches. Next, browse to the backup location and select the project. You have the option to use external backup software if it has been installed and configured. Otherwise, simply click ‘Next’. The project name appears and optionally, you can change the Parent Project. Click ‘Next’ (figure 2).
The database information is imported, and the raw data files are copied from the backup destination. If the project was backed up using an older version of Empower, a pop-up message will appear: “Restored Project needs to be updated to next point revision. Press OK to continue.” (figure 3).
Empower performs a project integrity test which reads all the raw data files in the project and performs a checksum test on the *.EXP and *.INF files. Once the integrity test is complete click ‘Finish’ (figure 4).
The project is now visible in the project table and ready for use (figure 5).
It’s that easy!
- You can restore multiple projects at a time.
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #141 – Next week we will continue the discussion on Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data in Empower Software (Part 3).
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!