Get Empowered: Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data | Tip #139, Project Backup
Tip #139: Project Backup in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we begin a new series on project backup, archival and restoring data in Empower.
This tip will review project backup. There is only one way to backup projects – this is done in Configuration Manager using the Backup Project wizard. It is very straight forward.
Let’s get started.
In the Configuration Manager window, right click on the project and select ‘Backup Project’ (figure 1).
The wizard launches and the name of the project appears. Click ‘Next’ (figure 2).
Now, select the backup destination. Click the lower radio button and Browse to the destination. Click ‘Next’ (figure 3).
Empower performs a project integrity test which reads all the raw data files in the project and performs a checksum test on the *.EXP and *.INF files (figure 4).
The database information is exported, and the raw data files are copied to the backup destination (figure 5).
Once all the information has been sent to the backup destination, click ‘Next’. You have the option to use external backup software if it has been installed and configured. Otherwise, simply click ‘Finish’ (figure 6).
It’s that easy!
- You can backup multiple projects at a time.
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #140 – Next week we will continue the discussion on Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data in Empower Software.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!