Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #120, Reader Question
Tip #120: Reader Question: How do I have Empower report ‘0’ for a peak field when the peak is missing?
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to use a function called Combine Spectrum which is found in the Review Main Window
In this week’s tip, we will begin a short series answering a few recent questions I received.
Question: How do I have Empower report ‘0’ for a peak field when the peak is missing?
Great question. Let me show you how it is done.
Often times, we want to average the area of a peak over multiple samples or perhaps average the amount of an analyte found in multiple samples. Start with a simple summary table for ‘Amount’ and you will notice that in some samples the peak is missing. Therefore, there is no amount reported. Empower reports the average Amount for only those samples where the analyte has been found (figure 1).
We can create a simple Custom Field which replaces the blank field with a ‘0’ (figure 2).
The new summary reflects an average of all the samples including the ones where the analyte was not found (figure 3).
It’s that easy!
- Acesulfam K is short for acesulfame potassium which is an artificial sweetener.
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #121 – More answers to questions from our readers
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on June 19, 2019.
Neil will answer your questions about Peak Detection and Integration in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
REGISTER for [inform] 2019 – Waters Informatics Users’ Conference
May 20-23, 2019 | Austin, Texas| Learn More
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!