Get Empowered: Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data | Tip #143, Restoring an Empower Project Archived in NuGenesis LMS
Tip #143: Restoring an Empower Project Archived in NuGenesis LMS
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to use NuGenesis to automatically archive an Empower project (Tip #142).
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to restore an Empower project that has been archived by NuGenesis Laboratory Management System (LMS).
Let’s get started.
From the NuGenesis Scientific Data Management System (SDMS) web interface, select Browse Projects (figure 1).
Navigate to the NuGenesis SDMS File Capture project that contains your Empower project(s) to be restored and pick a view to show your projects. Select your project(s) of interest and click ‘Restore icon’. (figure 2)
Pick the temporary restore folder where NuGenesis will unpack the project data prior to importing into Empower and click ‘Begin Restore’ (figure 3).
Select the Parent Project for your restored project, and optionally give your restored project a different name, then click ‘Restore’. You will be prompted with a success message followed by an activity summary. Click ‘Exit Restore’ (figure 4).
NuGenesis has now restored your archived project back into Empower. In cases where you might have many projects archived into NuGenesis, the powerful search features of NuGenesis allows you to search across those archived projects for many pieces of metadata including but not limited to Sample Name, Acquired By, and Instrument Method. The results of our work can be seen in figure 5.
It’s that easy!
- Your Empower user will need to have the appropriate privileges to restore projects.
- Your NuGenesis user will need to have the appropriate privileges to access NuGenesis SDMS.
- You need to have a created a temporary holding folder for Step 3.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #144 – Next week we will begin a new series on creating, searching, and restoring UV libraries in Empower Software.
- Save the Date: [inform] 2020 – Waters Informatics Users Conference, May 11-14, 2020, Rome, Italy – Learn More
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!