Get Empowered: Method Validation | Tip #192, Validation Protocols: Setting up the System Precision Test in Empower
Tip #192: Validation Protocols: Setting up the System Precision Test in Empower
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data System, we continued the discussion on how to create a Validation Protocol using the Method Validation Manager (MVM) option in Empower and learned how to configure the Accuracy Test (Tip #191).
In this week’s tip, we will continue our discussion on Validation Protocols and learn how to set up the System Precision test.
So far in this series, we reviewed Validation Tests that determined whether the ‘chromatographic method’ is valid (Tips #188, #189, #190 & #191). The System Precision Test determines whether the ‘chromatographic system’ is valid. (NOTE: As mentioned previously, you should follow your own SOP, this is only an example.)
Let’s get started.
Click the ‘System Precision’ tab in the Validation Protocol (figure 1).
In the ‘Component Type’ table, located at the top, select the field(s) that you want evaluated for system precision. Select the ‘Component Type’, such as Main Component, from the ‘Component Type’ field. Select the field of interest, such as Area, from the ‘Assessed Field’ (figure 2).
In the ‘Per Component Type’ table, located in the middle, select how the selected field will be evaluated. Highlight the row in the Component Type table created in Step 2. In the ‘Per Component Type’ table, select the ‘Field Type’, such as Assessed Field Type %RSD. Enter an appropriate Target value and limits (figure 3).
If there is more than one Assessed field, repeat Steps 2 and 3 (figure 4).
The Sample Set Method specifies which injections should be used for all tests including the System Precision Test (figure 5).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: Please use the Pro interface when working with the Method Validation Manager option.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #193 – We will continue our series on MVM and our discussion on Validation Protocols.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on September 30, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!