Get Empowered: Method Validation | Tip #189, Validation Protocols: Creating Default Strings in Empower
Tip #189: Validation Protocols: Creating Default Strings in Empower
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data System, we began the discussion on how to create a Validation Protocol using the Method Validation Manager (MVM) option in Empower (Tip #188).
In this week’s tip, we will continue our discussion on Validation Protocols and learn how to create Default Strings.
A Default String is text that you can create in advance and then select from a list when you are required to provide a reason for creating and/or modifying something in Empower, such as a method. Default Strings are also used when you select a reason for Sign Off in a report and, as we discussed in Tip #188, when you select the compound type and development phase when creating a Validation Protocol.
Let’s get started.
In Configuration Manager, select ‘View’ > ‘Default Strings’ (figure 1).
Select the category you want to create a Default String by clicking the ‘Category’ drop down list (figure 2).
Scroll to the category of interest, such as ‘Compound Type’ and click to select (figure 3).
The four Default Strings for this category are visible. To create a new Default String, Click ‘Add String’ (figure 4).
Type the new Default String name in the text field box and Click ‘OK’ (figure 5).
The new Default String has been added to the list (figure 6).
When you create a Validation Protocol, Click on the ‘Compound Type’ drop down list, the new Default String is available (figure 7).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: Please use the Pro interface when working with the Method Validation Manager option.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #190 – We will continue our series on MVM and our discussion on creating a validation protocol.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on September 30, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!