Get Empowered: Empower User Question | Tip #173, Summarizing Custom Fields in Empower
Tip #173: Question: How do you get Empower to Summarize Custom Fields after manually integrating and identifying a peak within a Result Set?
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to use view filters in the Message Center, Configuration Manager and Global Project View (Tip #172).
In this week’s tip, I am going to answer a great question I received from an Empower user.
Q: How do you get Empower to Summarize Custom Fields after manually integrating
and identifying a peak within a Result Set?
A: Great Question. Let’s see how it is done.
Below is a Result Set with an Intersample Custom Field containing a summary function which calculates the %RSD for peak areas. (figure 1)
In one of the results, manually integrate the last peak and Click the ‘Quantitate’ tool to quantitate using the new peak area. From the File menu, Select ‘Save’ > ‘Result’ and exit out of Review. (figure 2)
Go to ‘Alter Sample’ and change the Processing column to ‘Don’t Process or Report’ for all lines except for the ‘Summarize Custom Fields’ line. Leave that at ‘Normal’, Save all changes and exit out of Alter Sample. (figure 3)
Right click on the ‘Result Sets’ and select ‘Process’. (figure 4)
Select ‘Use Existing Integration’ > ‘Quantitate Only’ and Click ‘OK’. (figure 5)
Right click on the ‘Result Set’ and select ‘Review’. View the revised ‘Per %RSD Area Samples’ of the last peak.
You will see a message in the message center that says, “No results produced for this processing job”.
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #174 – I will feature a ‘BEST of TIP’ and rerun a popular Empower Tip.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on September 30, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!