Get Empowered: Empower User Question | Tip #165, Warning Messages in Empower
Tip #165: Question: Does Empower provide warnings when an instrument is out of calibration?
In this week’s tip, I am going to answer a great question I received from an Empower user.
Q: Does Empower provide warnings when an instrument is out of calibration?
A: Great Question. It is critical in a regulated environment that when the service date for an instrument is reached, users are prevented from using that instrument. Empower can do that.
Let’s get started.
In Configuration Manager, right click on the Node to which the instrument is connected and select ‘Properties’ (figure 1).
Click the ‘Instruments’ tab. This screen displays what instruments are connected to the Node and their status (figure 2).
Scroll to the right and locate the ‘Last Serviced’ field. This is where you (or your Waters Service Engineer) can enter the date when the instrument was last serviced (figure 3).
Scroll further to the right and locate the ‘Next Service Due’ date. This is where you (or your Waters Service Engineer) can enter the next scheduled service date (figure 4).
Go to ‘User Types’ and right click on the ‘User Type Name’ of the user and select ‘Properties’ (figure 5).
On the ‘Data Acquisition’ tab, locate the ‘Warn On Service Limit’ privilege. If the user has been given this privilege, then the user can use the instrument beyond the service date entered in Step 4. If the user does not have this privilege, then the user is prevented from using the instrument once that date is reached (figure 6).
When the user without the privilege attempts to access ‘Run Samples’ with this instrument, a warning message appears. Once the user clicks ‘OK’, the Run Samples window will close (figure 7).
The message center will display an error message for the user who tried to access that instrument (figure 8).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #166 – Next week we will begin a new series on View Filters.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!