Get Empowered: Empower ‘REWIND’ Tip | Tip #174, Searching Across Multiple Projects
Tip #174: Using Global Project View to Search Across Multiple Projects
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we answered a question from an Empower user about summarizing Custom Fields (Tip #173).
In this week’s tip, I am going to REWIND and RERUN a popular Empower Tip for some of our new Empower Tip subscribers. We will explore how to use global project view to search across multiple projects. (REWIND TIP #10)
Let’s get started.
Have you ever needed to find a Method or a Result but were not sure which Project to look in? Most of us resort to opening and closing individual Projects until we find what we are looking for. An alternative would be to use Global Projects view to search across multiple projects.
From the Pro Interface select ‘Configure the System’ (figure 1).
When Configuration Manager opens, ‘highlight’ 2 or more projects, ‘right click’ on one of the highlighted projects and select ‘Open’ (figure 2).
This is Global Project View. If you look closely, the tabs are the same as in an individual project, however, we are now looking across two projects in this example. (figure 3) There is an additional column, ‘Project Name’, which tells us in which project the item can be found.
As discussed in earlier Empower Tips, i.e., ‘sorting data’, using ‘View As’ and ‘View Filters’, apply to all of the tables in Global Projects View (Figure 4). In this example, View Filter called ‘PQ Standards’, displays all samples that have names containing ‘PQ’ and have the Sample Type ‘Standard’.
You can add more projects to the view by clicking the ‘Projects Available’ tool. It displays a list of projects you can pick from. If you want to include an additional project in the view, select the one you want and click ‘Activate’ (figure 5).
It’s that easy!
- You must log into Empower with the Pro Interface to take advantage of this feature.
- You can switch to an individual Project while you are in Global Projects view by selecting the project from the tree on the left. You can then switch back to Global Projects view.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #175 – We will kick-off a new video blog (VLOG) series showcasing Empower as an important tool to implement method lifecycle management (MLCM).
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on September 30, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!