Get Empowered: Creating, Searching, and Restoring UV Libraries | Tip #147, Back up and Restore PDA Libraries
Tip #147: Backing up and Restoring PDA libraries in Empower Software
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to do an automated search with the UV library created in Empower Software. (Tip #146).
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to back up and restore PDA libraries. PDA (as well as MS libraries) are stored in Configuration Manager and not within in an individual project. The advantage is that regardless of which project you are working in, you can access all libraries. However, when you back up a project the library is not included. Therefore, you must back up your library separately and it’s a very simple process.
Let’s get started.
Open Configuration Manager and Click on ‘Libraries’ in the tree. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the backup destination. Put the windows side by side (figure 1).
Click on the row number for the library and drag it from Configuration Manager to the backup destination. The library is now backed up (figure 2).
Restoring a library is the reverse. Open the windows side by side (figure 3).
Drag the library from the backup destination to Configuration Manager. The library is now restored (figure 4).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #148 – Next week we will begin a new series on Report Methods.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on December 18, 2019.
Neil will answer your questions about Peak Purity in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!