Get Empowered: Creating, Searching, and Restoring UV Libraries | Tip #144, Creating a UV Library
Tip #144: Creating a UV Library in Empower Software
In this week’s tip, we will begin a new series on creating, searching, and restoring UV libraries with data collected from a PDA. Libraries are used to help identify peaks. This tip will cover how to create a UV library.
Let’s get started.
Starting with a standard (or a well-defined sample), open Review and apply the Method Set. Select ‘New Library’ from the Library menu (figure 1).
Enter a name for the library and Click ‘Create’ (figure 2).
Spectrum Review displays the apex spectra from all integrated peaks. These spectra will be added to the library by default. If you do not want certain spectra added to the library, deselect them using the ‘Select’ field in the Spectra table (figure 3).
To add spectra to the library, select ‘Add to library’ (name of library) from the Library menu (figure 4).
The ‘Add Spectrum to Library’ dialogue box opens. The name field defaults to the name of the peak. You can modify the Name field and optionally add some descriptive information, such as the concentration of the analyte. Click ‘OK’ to move to the next spectrum. Click ‘OK to All’ if you want all spectra to have the same names as the peaks and no other descriptive information (figure 5).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #145 – Next week we will continue our series on creating, searching, and restoring UV libraries in Empower Software.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on December 18, 2019.
Neil will answer your questions about Peak Purity in Empower Software
Learn More and Register
- SAVE the DATE: [inform] 2020 – Waters Informatics Users Conference, May 11-14, 2020, Rome, Italy – Learn More
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!