Get Empowered: Creating and Using View Filters | Tip #168, Creating Project Level Custom View Filters
Tip #168: Creating a Project Level Custom View Filter for Results Generated on a Specified Date
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we created a project level Custom View Filter to find the most recent results for a Sample Set that have been processed multiple times (Tip #167).
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to create a project level Custom View Filter to find results generated on a specified date.
Let’s get started.
Here you see the ‘Results’ table with a total of 299 results generated on different dates (figure 1).
Click ‘Edit View’ and locate the ‘Date Processed’ field in the View Filter editor (figure 2).
Here is a view of the ‘syntax for entering dates’ in the View Filter editor (figure 3).
In this example, to create a View Filter that displays ‘results generated during September 2011’. You need to put a space before and after ‘AND’ (figure 4).
Once the View Filter is applied, there are 187 results generated during this time period (figure 5).
Now, let’s find the results generated for the ‘System Suitability samples in September 2011’. In the ‘Sample Name’ field enter ‘=System Suitability*’. The ‘*’ is a wild card used so that Empower searches for any sample with the name beginning with ‘System Suitability’ regardless of what follows. This creates an ‘AND’ statement, meaning results must meet both criteria (figure 6).
Once the View Filter is applied, we have 55 results which meet these criteria (figure 7).
It’s that easy!
- The ‘Today’ filter is included in the Default project supplied with Empower and it is called ‘Processed Today’
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #169 – Next week we will continue our series on View Filters.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on June 17, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!