Get Empowered: Creating and Using View Filters | Tip #167, Creating Project Level Custom View Filters
Tip #167: Creating a Project Level Custom View Filter for Results Processed Multiple Times
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we created a project level Custom View Filter by deleting/adding fields of information to the table as well as ordering information (Tip #166).
In this week’s tip, we will learn how to make a more sophisticated View Filter that allows us to find information regarding samples quick and simple. In this example, we want to find the most recent results for a Sample Set that have been processed multiple times.
Let’s get started.
To create a View Filter that includes the ‘Result #’ and the ‘# of Results Stored’ (figure 1).
Using this View Filter, the results are displayed similar to pages in a book, i.e., result 1 of 10, result 2 of 10 and so forth (figure 2).
To create a View Filter which finds the most recent result for a sample using the ‘Result Id’, click in the ‘Result Id’ field and click the ‘Group By’ tool in the toolbar (figure 3).
The ‘Group By Condition’ dialogue box opens (figure 4).
From the with drop-down list, select ‘MAX’ (figure 5).
From the ‘when Results are grouped by’ drop-down list, select ‘Channel Id’ and click ‘OK’ (figure 6).
Empower automatically formats the condition in the Result Id field (figure 7).
Only the most recent result for each channel of data is displayed (figure 8).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #168 – Next week we will continue our series on View Filters.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on June 17, 2020
Neil will answer your questions about working with the Method Validation Manager option in Empower Software. Learn More and Register
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!