Get Empowered: Browse Projects | Tip #10
Tip #10: Searching Across Multiple Projects
Let’s get started.
Have you ever had to find a Method or a Result but were not sure which Project to look in? Most of us resort to opening and closing individual Projects until we find what we are looking for. An alternative would be to use Global Projects view to search across multiple projects.
From the Pro Interface select ‘Configure the System’ (Figure 1).
When Configuration Manager opens, highlight two or more projects, right-click on one of the highlighted projects and select ‘Open’ (Figure 2).
This is Global Project View. If you look closely, the tabs are the same as in an individual project; however, we are now looking across two projects in this example (Figure 3). There is an additional column, ‘Project Name’, that tells us in which project the particular item can be found.
As discussed in earlier Empower Tips, i.e., ‘sorting data’, using ‘View As’ and using ‘View Filters’, apply to all of the tables in Global Projects View (Figure 4). In this example, View Filter called ‘PQ Standards’, displays all samples that have names containing ‘PQ’ and have the Sample Type ‘Standard’.
You can add more projects to the view by clicking the ‘Projects Available’ tool. The tool displays a list of projects from which you can pick from. If you want to include an additional project in the view, select it and click ‘Activate’ (Figure 5).
- You must log into Empower with the Pro Interface to take advantage of this feature.
- You can switch to an individual Project while you are in Global Projects view by selecting the project from the tree on the left. You can then switch back to Global Projects view.
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!