Get Empowered: Tip #223 | Export Methods (Part 3)
Tip #223: Exporting Raw Data with Export Methods in Empower
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week blog for Empower Chromatography Data System, we answered another question from an Empower user and learned about aligning peaks between chromatograms where the retention times have shifted (Tip #222).
In this week’s tip, we resume our series on working with Export Methods and will learn how to export raw data.
Let’s get started.
On the ‘Raw Data’ tab of the Export Method, enter the ‘root name’, select the ‘exported file format’, and define the ‘file export path’. Optionally, you can include some sample information, such as ‘Sample Name and Injection’ (figure 1).
Right click on a ‘channel’ of data or ‘result’ and select ‘Export’ (figure 2).
When the ‘Background Processing and Reporting’ dialogue box opens, select the ‘export method’, and click ‘OK’ (figure 3).
The file name has the ‘root name’ followed by the ‘Channel ID’ and the file format is ‘ARW’ (figure 4).
You can reconstruct the chromatogram from the x and y data points in Excel, as an example (figure 5).
It’s that easy!
- Optionally, you can email the file as well. Please refer to Tip #219.
- You can use either the Pro or QuickStart interface for this tip.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #224: We will continue our series on working with Export Methods in Empower.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on May 20, 2021
Neil will answer your questions about Processing Data. Learn More and Register.
JOIN our Actions Not Acronyms: Applying Critical Thinking to Compliance Live Webinar on May 6, 2021, at 10 a.m. EDT
Charlie Wakeham will cut through the jargon to present practical considerations for optimizing compliance in your laboratory by leveraging critical thinking and risk management. Learn More and Register.
More Empower Resources:
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!