Get Empowered: Tip #221 | Durable Data
Tip #221: Ensuring Your Empower Data is Secure and Available
Welcome back to Get Empowered! I
In the last Empower tip-of-the-week blog for Empower Chromatography Data System, we revisited our VLOG series showcasing Empower as an important tool to implement Method Lifecycle Management (MLCM) and discussed Automating Method Validation with the MVM option in Empower (Episode #11 /Tip #220).
In this week’s tip, we will discuss Durable Data.
Loss of laboratory data results in a direct financial loss to your organization and it creates a compliance risk. Laboratory data must be secured and available to support product quality decisions, both at the time of decision making and for the full duration of the required retention period. Your organization is responsible for retaining the laboratory data during the retention period and ensuring its integrity during that time.
Let’s get started.
The diagram below provides a quick overview of some of the key considerations, plans and activities you need to have in place to make sure your Empower data will survive and your analytical process can continue after a disaster. Many labs just trust that their IT department has all the contingency plans in place, but often there can be gaps or oversights in their approach, especially for regulated data.
To learn more about Durable Data:
- Download our White Paper: Durable Data for Non-IT: A Lab Manager’s Guide to Ensuring Your Empower Data Is Secure and Available from Creation Through the Full Mandated Retention Period. This white paper provides a detailed explanation of the risks and controls, written simply and clearly for lab managers and quality personnel who lack an IT background.
- Download our Infographic: Is your data durable? This infographic demonstrates how Empower CDS combined with NuGenesis SDMS helps your data storage, archiving, and recovery.
Determine if your Empower data durable
We created a Durable Data Self-Assessment to help you assess the robustness of your internal controls and determine whether your Empower data is durable. This self-assessment can be used as a basis for a review with your IT personnel to evaluate how well your Empower system and data are protected.
As always, you can ask your local Waters support specialist to join the conversation. While we cannot guarantee you’ll never lose data after completing the self-assessment, the results will help you understand any current weaknesses and demonstrate due diligence within your organization with respect to ensuring Empower system and data availability.
View other related topics in previous Empower tips:
- Empower TOTW: Tip #139 | Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data, Project Backup
- Empower TOTW: Tip #140 | Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data, Restoring a Project
- Empower TOTW: Tip #141 | Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data, Deleting a Project
- Empower TOTW: Tip #142 | Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data, Archiving Projects Automatically with NuGenesis LMS
- Empower TOTW: Tip #143 | Project Backup, Archival and Restoring Data, Restoring an Empower Project Archived in NuGenesis LMS
- Empower TOTW: Tip #180 | Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Save the Data
- Empower TOTW: Tip #181 | Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Plan for Disaster
- Empower TOTW: Tip #182 | Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Cloud with a Silver Lining
- Empower TOTW: Tip #183 | Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Surviving and Thriving through a Network Outage
- Empower TOTW: Tip #184 | Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Stay Current, Stay Safe
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #222 – We will discuss how to align chromatograms using Compare.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on May 19, 2021
Neil will answer your questions about Processing Data.
More Empower Resources:
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!