Get Empowered: Tip #245 | Method Versioning (Part 4)
Tip #245: Method Versioning: Method Revision History
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week blog for Empower Chromatography Data System, we learned about Method Versioning as it applies to Method Validation Protocols and Processing Methods (Tip #244).
In this week’s tip, we will conclude our series on Method Versioning, focusing on Method Revision History.
Let’s get started.
When you create a new method, it starts at version 1. If you recall from the previous tips in this series:
- If you modify the method and save it with the same name, the version increments.
- If you take an older version and Save As Current in Method Properties, it creates a new version (figure 1).
You can trace the origin of a version which varies depending on how it was created (figure 2).
If you print the method, the Revision History section documents the path taken to create all versions (figure 3).
It’s that easy!
Final Note: This can be done with either the Pro or QuickStart interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #246: We will revisit our VLOG series showcasing Empower as an important tool to implement Method Lifecycle Management (MLCM) and learn about Determining Your Method’s Operable Design Regions (MODRS) with Empower and DryLab.
JOIN US at [inform] 2021 on October 6-7, 2021
Join the global community to learn about the latest updates and important topics in informatics.
JOIN US for an Empower: Ask Me Anything Webinar on November 16, 2021
Neil will answer your questions about streamlining your Polymer Workflow using the Empower GPC Option.
More Empower Resources:
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Minimize your lab downtime and protect your business against potentially expensive disruptions with the Empower Enterprise Software Extended Critical Support Plan with 24 x 7 x 365 coverage – Learn more
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!