Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #17
Tip #17: Peak labeling options within Review and the Report Method
In the last Empower Tip of the Week blog for Empower Software, we explored project level tools within the Review window. This tip will address peak labeling options within Review and the Report Method.
Have you ever had the need to label your peaks with something other than peak name and retention time?
- Prior to Empower 3 FR3, the choices for labeling peaks were:
- Peak name or library match name (if you were doing PDA or MS Library searching);
- Retention time or scan number (if you were working with MS data);
- Or you could opt for labeling the peaks with peak labels as defined in the processing method.
- Working with Empower 3 FR3, we can label each peak with up to three different fields including custom fields and assigned mass if we are working with the ACQUITY QDa Detector.
We start out in Review with a result. The peaks are labeled with peak name and retention time (Figure 1).
Right-click inside of the chromatogram and select properties (Figure 2).
Click on the Peak Labels tab to change how the peaks are labeled (Figure 3).
Select the desired field from the drop-down list for up to three labels (Figure 4).
Move the peak labels away from the peaks so that they are not obscured (Figure 5).
Click OK to the chromatogram properties. Now the peaks are labeled with the fields of interest, in this case %Area and USP Tailing (Figure 6).
Now, in the Preview window, looking at the report, you can make a similar change to the chromatogram. Start by clicking Edit Method in the tool bar (Figure 7).
Once inside the report publisher, right-click on the chromatogram and select Chromatogram Properties (Figure 8).
Select the Peak Labels tab and make the same changes (Figure 9).
Click Print Preview and we see the peak labels have been added to the report method (Figure 10).
This works in the same way if you use the Pro Interface.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
I get #EmpowerTips in my inbox every week. Don't miss out! Click To Tweet
Next week in Empower Tip #18:Simplifying Review when working with 2D data
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software
- Submit an Empower 3 Review with Select Science. Write a review.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!