Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #115, ACQUITY QDa MS Data
Tip #115: Working with ACQUITY QDa MS data in Empower Software (Part 15)
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to use a MS Spectra Library to identify spectra from unknown peaks via the automated technique (Tip #114).
Working with ACQUITY QDa MS data in Empower:
- #100: How to view the base mass and mass spectra for the peaks in a chromatogram
- #101: How to work with 2D ACQUITY QDa MS data
- #103: Viewing different spectral views in the Mass Analysis window
- #104: Extracting chromatograms and spectra while working in the Mass Analysis window
- #105: Why it is important to align chromatograms when collecting data from both a PDA and a ACQUITY QDa mass detector
- #106: How to optimize sensitivity by extracting a single mass rather than working with a TIC plot
- #107: How to smooth the chromatogram using the Processing Method
- #108: How to smooth the chromatogram using a Derived Channel in the Method Set
- #109: How to track peaks using the ACQUITY QDa mass detector
- #110: Using CODA (component detection algorithm) as a tool when scouting for peaks
- #111: Using MS 3D subtraction to remove background interference
- #112: How to create a MS Spectra Library from data collected with the ACQUITY QDa mass detector
- #113: How to use a MS Spectra Library to identify spectra from unknown peaks via the manual technique
- #114: How to use a MS Spectra Library to identify spectra from unknown peaks via the automated technique
This week, I would like to answer a popular question I received from several readers.
Q: If I collect multiple 3D scans with my ACQUITY QDa, how do I display spectra from an MS scan along with my UV spectra in the Mass Analysis window?
A: It can be done in 4 simple steps. Let me show you how.
Let’s get started.
We start in the Main Window of Review. View the PDA scan and the two MS scans listed in the 3D Channels table (figure 1).
In the Mass Analysis Window, we see the UV spectra and MS spectra from the ACQUITY QDa 1 scan (figure 2).
Go to the Processing Method and select the MS 3D Channel tab. Towards the bottom of the window, select which MS scan you would like to use on a peak by peak basis from the 3D Channel Name (Description) field (figure 3).
Reapply the Method Set. You will see the UV spectra and the MS spectra from ACQUITY QDa 2 scan in the Mass Analysis window (figure 4).
It’s that easy!
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
- ACQUITY QDa Mass Detector is compatible with the Alliance HPLC system.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #116– We will continue this series on working with ACQUITY QDa MS data in Empower (Part 16).
REGISTER for [inform] 2019 – Waters Informatics Users’ Conference
May 20-23, 2019 | Austin, Texas| Learn More
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!