Get Empowered: Review Window and the Processing Method | Tip #101, ACQUITY QDa MS Data
Tip #101: Working with ACQUITY QDa MS data in Empower Software (Part 2)
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week post for Empower Chromatography Data Software, we learned how to view the base mass and mass spectra for the peaks in a chromatogram (Tip #100).
This week, we will learn how to work with 2D ACQUITY QDa MS data (SIR which is ‘Single Ion Recording’ of data at a particular mass) and create a basic LC Processing Method for quantitative analysis. Which tabs of the Processing Method do I need to use?
Let’s get started.
Bring the 2D channels for standards and samples into Review. In this case, we are quantitating Aspartame, an artificial sweetener used in soft drinks. The mass is 295.2 (figure 1).
Once the peak detection and integration parameters have been set, you may want to include ‘smoothing’ depending on the Signal to Noise ratio. In this case, it is not needed (figure 2).
On the Components tab, enter the ‘peak name’ and any other pertinent information. In this case, the method calls for a quadratic fit for the calibration curve (figure 3).
Optionally turn on System Suitability to have Signal to Noise plate count and so forth calculated. Save the method and test on your standards and samples (figure 4).
Once the Sample Set has been processed, take the Result Set into Review, and view the calibration curve (figure 5).
Review the samples to view the amount (or concentration) of Aspartame (figure 6).
As you can see it is no different that working with 2D UV data.
It’s that easy!
- This procedure can be followed using the QuickStart or Pro interface.
- ACQUITY QDa Mass Detector is compatible with the Alliance HPLC system.
Please rate this Empower Tip of the Week
Next week in Empower Tip #102– We will continue this series on working with ACQUITY QDa MS data in Empower (Part 3).
- REGISTRATION is OPEN for [inform] 2019. Waters Informatics Users’ Conference, May 20-23 in Austin, Texas. Learn More
- Want to learn more? Check out our Empower training courses and eLearning.
- Build your technical skills and professional network. Share, ask, and interact with peers from around the globe in dynamic discussions by joining our Informatics Community Forum.
- Empower is the first cloud-deployable, compliance-ready, enterprise chromatography data software – Learn more about Empower Cloud
- Get the latest Empower projects, options, and more. Check out the New Waters Marketplace.
- See all of our tips for using Empower CDS Software.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!