Get Empowered: QuickStart Interface | Tip #2
Welcome back to Get Empowered! In the last Empower tip-of-the-week blog for Empower Software, I provided an overview the QuickStart interface. In this blog, we are going to explore Empower’s interactive help feature, referred to as “Show Me.”
- Tip #1: An Overview
- Tip #2: Interactive Help (“Show Me”)
- Tip #3: Working with Multiple Projects and Systems
Here we go!
Tip# 2: QuickStart’s Interactive Help (Show Me)
The Empower QuickStart interface in Empower Chromatography Data Software (CDS) contains an interactive help feature called Show Me. Most online help systems display instructions that you read and then go off to complete a task. Empower’s Show Me feature is designed in such a way that you can follow the on-screen instructions while clicking through the software to complete a task. It also contains links to help navigate through the steps.
For example, let’s say we want to view a report for a result. While on the Results Tab in Browse Project, click Show Me in the navigation bar. (Figure 1)
Under Perform Sample Operations, click the link for Report Samples, which brings up a screen titled Reporting existing samples. (Figure 2)
Then click the link for viewing a report, which brings up a screen titled Viewing a report.
Highlight the result you want to report and follow the instructions. Next, click the link in Step 3 which says, Open Report Method dialog box. (Figure 4)
In the Open Report Method dialog box, select the Use the following Report Method radio button and from the drop down list select Default Individual Report. (Figure 5)
Click OK to see a preview of the result (Figure 6). You will have an option to print or email the report.
I hope you found this tip helpful. In my next blog, I will wrap up the Quickstart interface series with Tip #3 – Working with Projects and Systems Using the QuickStart Interface.
- In case you missed it, here’s Tip #1: Quickstart Interface | An Overview
- If you plan on attending PITTCON 2017 in Chicago the week of March 5th, I will be presenting tips and techniques for Empower users. See our seminar listings.
- Still want more? Mark your calendar to attend our annual Waters Informatics Users’ Conference (Tampa, Florida, May 15-18). The conference features numerous Empower workshops and tutorials – including tips and tricks, what’s new, and future directions.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!