Get Empowered: Browse Projects | Tip #4
Let’s Get Empowered. In the last tip-of-the-week blog series for Empower Software, we explored the QuickStart Interface. Over the next few weeks, we are going to review how to sort and find data within Browse Project.
Tip# 4: How to Sort and Find Data in Browse Projects
In Empower Chromatography Data Software (CDS), you can create many methods, collect lots of data, and generate results, but it may be a challenge when it comes to locating data in a project. There are many different ways to sort and find data in the project window.
- Clicking on column headers. For example, let’s look at the injections table. (Figure 1)
- If you click on the SampleName header it sorts the samples by name alphabetically in ascending order. (Figure 2)
This technique works on any column in any of the tables within the project window.
- Right click on a line and select View As. This allows us to take advantage of the relationships the Oracle relational database builds. For example, let’s right click on a Sample Set in the Sample Sets table and select View As. (Figure 3)
- The sub menu shows us the various ways we could view this sample set. Let’s choose Injections. (Figure 4)
Now we see only the injections for that one sample set.
- There are two tools in the project window that work in conjunction with the View As function – View As Previous and View As Next. These tools remember the steps you took to get to a particular view. If you click View As Previous (Figure 5) Empower takes you back to the Sample Sets table.
6. If you click View As Next (Figure 6) Empower takes you forward to the Injections table.
I hope you found this tip helpful. We’ll continue to discuss how to sort and find information in the browse project window with Tip #5 –Using View Filters. You can also catch up on the previous Empower Software tips-of-the-week.
Just a reminder, if you plan on attending PITTCON 2017 in Chicago the week of March 5th, I will be presenting tips and techniques for Empower users.
And if you still want more, be sure to mark your calendar to attend our annual Waters Informatics Users’ Conference (Tampa, Florida, May 15-18). The conference features numerous Empower workshops and tutorials, including tips and tricks, what’s new, and future directions.
Do you want Empower Tips sent to your inbox every week?
Questions? Tips of your own? Let us know!